Nidderdale is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and whether you prefer outdoor activities such as walking, cycling, climbing & caving or finding quirky coffee shops and cosy pubs, there really is something for everyone. Fancy taking a llama for a walk and picnic or maybe exploring caves, gentle riverside walks or remote moorland? We'll point you in the right direction.
Pateley Bridge is the closest town set in the heart of Nidderdale and offers a wealth of coffee shops, pubs and eating options. There's the Worlds Oldest Sweet Shop to explore as well as a host of individual gift and craft shops to enjoy
- Directly from our B&B are several stunning downhill walks to Pateley Bridge ranging from a few miles to as far as you can walk, and with prior arrangement your host will collect you to save the steep uphill return walk.
- How Stean Gorge
- Stumps Cross Caves, coffees and gifts
Nidderdale Way a 53 mile circular walk
Nidderdale has so much variety to offer and is ideally located for the historic towns of Harrogate with its Turkish Spa Baths, gardens and shopping, not to forget the famous Bettys Tea Rooms, Ripon with its own Town Crier and Cathedral, Skipton for a complete, stunning castle and canal walks, Knaresborough enjoy boating on the river, Mother Shipton’s Cave and petrifying well, or explore its ruined Castle.
- Way of the Roses the official coast to coast cycle ride that goes past our bed and breakfast
- National Trust Properties and Historic houses
- Yorkshire Dales
- Malham Cove
- Hawes – Wensleydale Cheese Factory
- Royal Armouries
- Local Restaurants
- From Pubs to a Michelin Star Restaurant
- RHS Harlow Carr Gardens with a famous tea room by Bettys of Harrogate on site.
- Lake District